Sunday, May 12, 2013

already?!

Tyler and I were just talking and this pregnancy is FLYING by. It could be because I have a VERY active 18 month old who keeps me going going going, or it could be because our lives are much busier now than they were when I was pregnant with Cayden, or it could be because I have such severe pregnancy brain I don't even know what day of the week it is without looking at my phone! Whichever the reason (probably all three), Bennett's arrival is sneaking up on us way faster than Cayden's did. 

That being said...today I am officially 28 weeks, and starting my third trimester...and if this pregnancy is anything like the last, this trimester is going to go by verrrrry slowly. I remember with Cayden thinking the last part was going to fly by...WRONG! By the time I was 36 weeks I thought I was so ready to have little C, but then the weeks dragged on and on and on and the last 4 weeks seemed like a whole separate trimester! Seeing that I have my 18 month old distraction, I am hoping this one goes a little faster than Cayden's last trimester, but I am also loving the one on one time with Cay Luke. These last 12 weeks I plan on doing lots of fun things with him like traveling to Chicago, going to Sea World (hopefully we'll be able to fit this in a couple of times), and hanging out at the pool (a lot)! So far, I could not have asked for more beautiful weather for being pregnant during a Texas summer. It hasn't been above 90 and even the 90 degree days weren't bad at all. The fact that we're halfway to June and we've only had one or two 90 degree days is a huge blessing! 

This past week I just started getting hot and uncomfortable...just have to make it through June & July (hahahaha). This is a funny video Tyler and I found and it is totally going to be me this summer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUbUrpIBlcM. So funny!!! But seriously...trying to get comfortable is starting to become a task!! 

While I am growing in discomfort, I am still loving this pregnancy and the bonding I am doing with Bennett :) He moves a LOT more than Cayden ever did (sleep training may be more of a challenge with this one ;)), and after giving me a GREAT sick-free second trimester, this morning kicked off with a vomit session...hoping this isn't a regular thing this trimester! But even amongst the throwing up, I just love this boy more and more!! 

I will be posting a lot over the next 12 weeks to help time pass a little more quickly! Hopefully you'll see some of the fun activities our growing family of 3 will be doing together before the 4th arrives!!

Bennett Elijah @ 28 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment