Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving

For the last five months, my mom & dad have been planning an extraordinary trip for our whole family, to Branson, Missouri. We grew up going to Branson, sometime multiple times a year! We houseboated in the summer and sometimes would return that Thanksgiving for Silver Dollar City's "Christmas in the Park." Branson holds a lot of Birkeneder memories (some of my favorites). It was amazing to not only be with our whole family, but to introduce Michael, Tyler, and all of the boys to our childhood memories. It was such a phenomenal trip and I am so thankful that we could all go. Living far away from family is so hard, so these rare times we have together are so special! Tyler, Cayden, Dad, Mom, Jenni, Michael, Elli, Trevor, Elliott, & Simon...ya'll are so special to me and I am so blessed to call you family. Thank you for making my Thanksgiving wonderful, and for all of the great memories!

We left around 6am Wednesday morning and drove the 10 hours to Branson! Cayden was such a trooper. We're thankful for a great traveler...



It's always so fun to have all of the boys together! All of their personalities are so unique and add so much to our group :D Thankful they have each other...


My brother in law is an amazing chef. Really amazing. He did a test run on our turkey the week before, so this one was perfect. So moist...yummmmm I want some again! Thankful for so much delicious food...


We went and saw The Haygoods, a Birkeneder tradition. They are a group of brothers (and one sister) who play so many instruments and do amazing harmony. Their Christmas portion of the show was just what we needed to get the Christmas season started (but does ours really stop??) ;) Thankful for music...


The first day we went to Silver Dollar City, it was freezing!! Okay, not literally freezing, but it was in the 40's...and this Texas child was NOT accustomed to the cold. I had him all bundled up! Thankful for warm clothes...



The first morning, my dad arranged for us to do "Lunch with Santa". It was so fun for the kids (who am I kidding...and me)! Thankful for parents who make special things even more special...



Had to take a picture of the original 5 in front of the infamous tree!! Thankful for these people...


We arrived at the park around 9:30am and stayed until around 8pm. Throughout the day we would go to shows...Trevor got a little tired during one! I snuck in a picture of him snoozing. Thankful for the laughs my nephews give me...


One of the main "villages" of the park. There are over 4 MILLION lights! Thankful for Christmas lights, which reflect the joy I feel inside at Christmas time...


 One of the best traditions at Silver Dollar City are all of the Apple Cider/Wassail/Hot Chocolate stands. Of course we all got mugs & re-filled them all day, both days! Thankful for tasty drinks that help keep us warm...



Even Simon got a mug!


The boys meeting Santa! Trevor would like an iPod, Elliott would like an iPod and a bat cave, Simon would like puzzles & toys, and Cayden would like diapers & wipes. Thankful for Christmas traditions...




Exploring the park! Thankful for fun times...






 



Jenni giving Cayden a cookie. He was in love with the chocolate! Thankful that Cayden has three wonderful aunts...


Hangin' with my nephews! Thankful for the quality time I got to spend with them...





Mom & Dad loved being with their grandsons. Thankful for Grandparents who truly love unconditionally...




Spending time with my husband and son was priceless! Thankful for my two main men...



Last night at the park, soaking up as much as we can!! Thankful for this trip...


This trip wouldn't have happened without these two! So thankful for my parents...


Cayden was just a tad worn out after the two days at Silver Dollar City. Thankful for sleep...














No comments:

Post a Comment