Friday, December 14, 2012

twas the night before...

Twas the night before his birthday, and all through the home
neither puppy was stirring, not even to roam
The streamers were hung from the highchair with care,
in hopes that his birthday cake soon would be there.

Cayden and Jake all nestled snug in their beds,
while visions of Lauren's cake danced in their heads,
And mama in her sweatpants, and dad in his shorts,
reminiscing of memories of all the sorts.

From the hospital to apartment, he did so well,
the first time we saw him, the emotions so swell.
This life was so special, our lives had been changed,
so much love for this child, that it was strange.

As the months went by, our little boy grew and grew,
From crawling, to walking, to talking, time flew.
Watching every single day at all he learned to do,
enjoying every moment, even changing the poo.

A year has passed, and somehow I love him that much more,
If you told me that last year, I'd say "shut the front door."
And as he grows, I will love every single part,
this little child holds so much of my heart.

Happy first birthday to my sweet, little baby boy,
mommy and daddy love you, you bring us much joy.
We will pray for you every single day of your life,
and will stand by you through the joy, pain, & strife.


Cayden Lukas,
I love you so much!!!
xoxo,
Mommy
                                           12.15.2011                                                                          12.1.2012






2 comments:

  1. I love this! Being a mom is more incredible than I could ever have imagined. GREAT job on the poem!

    ReplyDelete